Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Enterprising and Autodesk

Something I have only considered fleetingly is starting my own business - it's not because I don't feel I couldn't, in fact, I would love to. I just don't have any viable business ideas. Sure, I'd love a gallery/art shop/freelance illustration company but the way things are financially for me and for the rest of the UK today it wouldn't work - I'd need a really innovative idea to even consider it.

But, it was quite interesting to learn all the options we have at Coventry and the support we can apply for if we do want to set up a small business. Who knows, maybe one day!


Still working on Autodesk for one of my modules. It's slowly becoming much more clearer and much easier for me, although there is still so much more I can't wait to learn. I'm currently writing up my notes as clearly as I can for future reference, as well as exploring cities and towns from all over the world and other cultures for inspiration for my own city. I hope to do some more complex drawings with colours and textures in the very near future, and then import them into Autodesk and start on my final city design proper soon. Deadline is in early December, so I must keep at it as hard as possible.

1 comment:

randy said...

With your committment to technology together with your artistic talent and motivation to succeed in the commercial world, surely a compelling business plan will present itself in the near future! I enjoy your ideas, and wish you the best.