Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Medieval Textures and a Course Rep

Things have been very busy with me of late - having two big modules before Christmas is scary enough, plus the PDP work and my extra module on International Business Cultures - things are a little hectic. On top of that, I am now, along with my close friend Justine Rugg-Easey, one of the Course Representatives for Illustration at Coventry University. Our first meeting was this afternoon, and it was an interesting introduction into our duties. I hope I have the time to dedicate to it, really.

For one of my modules, as you may have read if you read this blog regularly, I am working on a city in Autodesk 3DS Max. We could choose whatever type of city we want - sky is the limit, but I felt that Coventry had some of the best examples of Medieval/16th Century architecture that I could use as references, or textures directly into my buildings on Autodesk. All of the photographs I have taken around the city can be found here, if you are interested. With luck I will have some interesting city ideas and sketches to post here very shortly.

For my other illustration module I have been working on character designs, although mostly on a small book full of collage work on a circus theme, to which I will add illustrations to match the collage. This book is coming along very well, and I hope to scan some pages this weekend to display here - I like the mix of textures, rough collage and photographs with my neater, inked illustrations.

No comments: