Thursday, October 23, 2008

Life Drawing and Creative CVs

One thing I love to do is go life drawing, although it scares me half to death walking home in the dark through the area of Coventry we live (especially as on Tuesday two guys kicked both our locks out and tried to rob us in broad daylight). Life drawing at Coventry University occurs once a week on Thursday evenings, and they always do a good set of quick poses - which are my favourite. I feel that life drawing is key to improving my skills, it keeps me drawing fast as well as really looking at an object, and learning about shape, shadow and anatomy is important to my chosen path.

In PDP we have been learning about creative CVs. When I worked in recruitment I was always told that simple CVs are best to look out for, and less is always more - don't waste time reading the rambling CVs with half a page about hobbies. It seems we are being told similar in PDP as well as the very basics (like checking spelling and not having rude e-mail addresses). I should update my CV, really, but I have no desire to look for another position currently. I am a little worried we will have to do a work placement this year - we keep getting conflicting information about whether we do or don't. Fingers crossed that we won't, really.

No comments: